|Sacré-Coeur Church, Sherbourne at Carlton, Toronto - next to Ryerson University|
The Toronto STM (Anglican Use) Sodality would become, initially, an "Association of the Faithful" within the CSP Canadian Deanery while continuing its association with the Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto and sharing Sacré-Coeur Church during the coming year.
Outreach to Ryerson University students in conjunction with "Ryerson Catholics" the campus ministry and to the local community was discussed along with plans for:
- Sung Mass with Parish Choir every Sunday at 1:45 pm
- Christmas Eve Sung Midnight Mass at 11:30 pm
- Vigil Mass for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God on Dec. 31 at 5:00 pm
- Epiphany Evensong and Benediction on Sunday, January 5 at 5:00 pm.
2014 Corpus Christi celebrations were also discussed in light of the STM patronal festival and the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, the feast of title of the parish church all falling within the same week.
Following is an excerpt from the proposal which is being forwarded to the CSP Deanery of St. John the Baptist (Canada). Names of the over thirty founding members of the Ordinariate mission in Toronto will be recorded and others who are received will be added in the coming months with a view to establishing the mission parish within the next five years.
MISSION GOALS OF ST. THOMAS MORE
Jesus prayed: “I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they all may be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” John 17: 20 – 21
The goals of S.T.M. Mission are:
1. To worship and serve the Triune God in the beauty of holiness, promoting Catholic worship in accord with the Apostolic Constitution Anglicanorum Coetibus, A.D. 2009.
2. To develop the Anglican musical tradition and Anglican patrimony within the Catholic Church in Toronto, in the service of Christian unity.
3. To support mission and outreach in the New Evangelization in partnership with the Catholic Chaplaincy at Ryerson University, Sacré-Coeur parish and ecumenical partners, as a witness to those seeking the Christian unity to which our Lord calls us.
Income, Expenses and Establishment of Mission Parish
Having approved our mission goals, Fr. Lee Kenyon, VF, Deanery of St. John the Baptist has reviewed and approved the following estimates, budget and financial campaign for STM with the following notes:
1. An administrator/ priest is to work 40% and, with the approval of Cardinal Collins, 60% for the archdiocese.
2. The fiscal year for the CSP Ordinariate runs July 1 – June 30. Quarterly reports to the CSP Ordinariate are to be made with submission of the Cathedraticum (10% of offerings) September 30, December 31, March 31 and an annual report in June 30.
3. STM would be formally erected as a mission parish in 2018 or before if membership and income meet the canonical criteria .
S.T.M. FINANCIAL CAMPAIGN GOALS 2014 - 2019
Pledges, charitable givings Oct/2013 2014 – 2019 Over 5 Years
Attenders @ $ 25 /month 8 = $ 200 10 = $ 250 $ 15,000
Contributors @ $ 100 / month 2 = $ 200 5 = $ 500 $ 30,000
Supporters @ $ 200 / month 1 = $ 200 3 = $ 600 $ 36,000
Sustaining Members $ 400 / mo. 0 = 0 2 = $ 800 $ 48,000
Patrons, gifts, bequests, etc. $ 2,100 $ 2,734 $164,000
TOTAL INCOME $ 2,700 $ 4,884 $ 293,000